Thursday, February 4, 2016

Concentration

I can't seem to concentrate long enough to write anything this evening. So I asked my oldest child to pick a writing prompt for me to write about. During Christmastime, I had purchased a book of writing prompts because I wanted to sharpen my writing and try to write something everyday...I have only written in it twice. At any rate, here is the writing prompt Miss E selected for me: Do you like horror stories? What is the best one you have ever heard?
I do not go out of my way to read horror stories, but I would read a horror story before I'd ever go to the movie theater and see a horror film. I don't like such books and films because they take me to a place I don't like going. I believe the last horror story I read was probably an R.L. Stine book when I was in high school. I can't say this is the best I've ever heard, but the horror story that sticks out in my head is the story about the girl with the yellow ribbon around her neck. I was in elementary school when I first heard the story; it bothered me to no end after I heard it. Now that I am much older, I can handle it much better, but I'd rather leave the horror stories for people with better stomachs and minds to handle such tales. I may have to sleep with a light on tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment