Sunday, January 24, 2010

Parenthood...

was something I wholeheartedly expected to NOT do alone. I had envisioned marrying the man of my dreams in a simpe and elegant church wedding, and then having children. I wanted a "traditional" family life. (BUT I've learned that when you do things the "non-traditional" way, not to expect traditional results!)

The trials and triumphs of motherhood and single-motherhood at that, are experiences that have shaped me and forced me to look at things about myself that I don't think I would have had I gone down the traditional route. I had to go through those things in order to better understand myself and what I want for my child.

It's hard though because I don't ever want my child to feel like she's missed out on having her Mommy and Daddy together. I don't want her to feel like she's lost something or that something is missing from her life. She didn't ask to be brought into this, so it's my job to make sure that she understands what she can when it's appropriate and that she understands what it really means to be a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment