Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Create Opportunities...

where there are none. It's all about perspective. How we look at our circumstances determines whether or not we can see opportunities, even when it seems there are none to be found. When our perspective changes, we can find new ways of thinking and being. It's about being willing and capable of trying new things. This has been hard for me. I am a creature of habit and I have been hesitant to look at things differently.
This month, I am going to take a different approach to how I look at what makes up my life, especially my daily struggles and triumphs. In some ways, I feel like I have already started. I would really like to try my hand at freelance writing. I know it won't be easy, which was why I never attempted it in the past, only talked about it. I would take the defeatist attitude approach, convincing myself of all the reasons why it wouldn't work, thus creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure. This time, I'm going to go into freelancing with the mindset that I will look for opportunities no matter what the outcome of this venture turns out to be.
Everything that happens provides us the chance to learn and to make changes. Embarking on this journey means that there will be a lot of trials and errors, but also plenty of chances to create opportunities where there are none and learn from the challenging times.

No comments:

Post a Comment